Memorial Park

By Levi Clancy for לוי on
updated

▶︎ View related▼︎ Tap to hide

Pasadena's oldest war memorial, this bronze monument to the "Volunteer of '61" was erected in Library Park in 1906. The statue's sculptor, Theo Ruggles Kitson, one of the most noted of her time, sculpted many war memorials around the country. The park became the place for other memorials including one to mothers and fathers of Union veterans, prompting its renaming as Memorial Park. Scheid 2006, p 50